Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Eye Cancer



Yes it exists. It's new. They just discovered it a few months ago and lovely Mr. Perez Hilton had to inform me: http://perezhilton.com/?p=62950&cp=2 I guess we all know, you can have cancer of just about anything these days. The common cause is too much sun exposure (aka tanning beds and no sunglasses = what I do all the time) Once I read this article, I started to think about it daily and nightly,  I began to believe it and before I knew it, my vision went completely haywire.  I noticed that if I stare at a white wall, one eye sees the wall with a more cream hue and the other is more white. When I touched my right eye in the mornings it makes a squishy sound. When I read a book, the letters become blurry. In the mirror my right eye seems to be a bit larger than my left and when driving in the car, I blink way too much.
     I described all these symptoms to my eye doctor who took detailed notes. He dilated my eyes and ran every test in the book. The fact that doctors act so seriously and take such precaution with my ridiculous symptoms, makes me believe the symptoms actually exist and freak me out all the more.
    "You have 20/20 vision, nothing is wrong with you. May be it's a sinus infection?" And here we go all over again...
     Funny enough, after all these appointments, I realized that I wasn't dizzy and my head really didn't hurt so bad. My eyes saw just fine and the right eye was symmetrical with my left. I got in my car and drove home relieved, only to realize that with my dilated eyes I couldn't see a single stop sign, light, or street name. I relied on my autopilot memory to get me home and I ran my poor new Jetta straight into a pole...

2 comments:

  1. I just started laughing so hard that I started to choke! Oh golly!

    I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you really ran your car into a pole?? you never told me this. you're insane

    ReplyDelete