Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Brain Tumor



So I'm on vacation in Hawaii with my family in a gorgeous resort, with the perfect weather, and crystal blue water, what could possibly be wrong? Well, a few days ago I woke up with a splitting headache that has now lasted 2 days. I feel as though I'm either going to fall over and die from a brain aneurysm or that I have a brain tumor and will die a slow painful death. I checked out on snorkeling to stay in and research brain diseases and what I found was nothing less than terrifying!

General signs and symptoms caused by brain tumors may include:
    - New onset or change in pattern of headaches
    - Headaches that gradually become more frequent and more severe
    - Unexplained nausea or vomiting
    - Vision problems, such as blurred vision or double vision
    - Gradual loss of sensation or movement in an arm or a leg
    - Difficulty with balance
    - Speech difficulties
    - Confusion in everyday matters
    - Personality or behavior changes
    - Seizures

    - Hearing problems   
 
Thanks to MayoClinic.com, now not only does my head hurt but I feel like I'm seeing double, I'm walking into walls, and my right leg seems to have gotten a bit numb.

No comments:

Post a Comment